Dance Block + Communications Associate
Part time – 3 days/week, 9am – 6pm
Proposed Starting Date – September 4th with training in mid-August
- Support Dance Block rental program for dance artists – manage online booking program, primary communications with artists, provide access and orientation to studios, work with studio owners to address issues, ensure smooth operation of program overall.
- Organize and lead communications – including FAB’s monthly newsletter and eblast, active social media posting on multiple platforms, press releases and notifications of FABnyc events.
- Provide administrative support for other FABnyc activities as needed, including FABnyc meetings and events.
FABnyc Dance Block studios are not all accessible; the position requires ability to climb stairs on a frequent basis, respond quickly to sounds (ex. phone, door buzzer); and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Highly organized, reliable and punctual
- Strong communications and computer skills
- Writing skills, including skills with social media platforms and messaging
- Excellent collaborator, works well in a public facing position
- Familiarity with Lower East Side cultural and/or nonprofit dance community a plus
- Strong references
Hourly Rate: $16.50
FABnyc has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender/ gender identity/ gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, or marital status.
For inquiries and to apply, send resume and cover letter to
Addison Vawters, Operations Manager – email@example.com
It’s Our Park Day
Call for Event Staffing
FABnyc is looking for artistically inclined individuals to manage hands-on art activities at community festival in Sara D. Roosevelt Park on Saturday September 15th.
On Saturday September 15th the Sara D. Roosevelt Park Coalition, Green Map System, University Settlement, FABnyc, will be hosting “It’s Our Park Day”, an afternoon and evening of activities and calls to action around the return of the Stanton Building, after decades of being boarded up, to community use.
We will be hosting a wide range of activities in the afternoon from 2-5pm including performances, art-making, bike repair and more. We are specifically looking for people to help FABnyc staff lead art-making activities: Sticker-making, Drawing our Ideal Stanton Building, Chalking the sidewalk, and TBD.
Saturday September 15th, 2018
1:30pm – 5:30pm (4 hours)
Please send a bio to Programs Manager Emilio Martinez Poppe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested along with anything else you’d like to share about your work, artists website, etc.