Operations Manager, FABnyc
Mission: To strengthen the cultural vitality of the Lower East Side.
Fourth Arts Block (FAB) is a nonprofit organization which supports local cultural organizations through advocacy, capacity building, resource sharing and collective organizing; sustains cultural vitality through innovative community partnerships, public and participatory programs; amplifies local culture through a range of visibility initiatives. FABnyc is governed by a Board of Directors and has a staff of five. Funding comes from a diverse mix of government grants, private foundations, and earned income. The annual budget ranges from $300,000-$350,000.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director, and collaborates on fundraising and general administration.
- Partner with Executive Director on grantwriting and fundraising.
- Supervise ‘Dance Block’ staff (2 part time) in program that offers subsidized rehearsal space for dance artists
- Manage general administration of organization
The candidate must possess the following attributes and abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonprofit or arts management
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in grantwriting
- Degree in arts administration a plus but not required
- Problem solving skills, independent judgment;
- Reliable, pays attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse range of people
Compensation is $40,000 plus full health care benefits and paid vacation.
FABnyc has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender/ gender identity/ gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, or marital status.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume by email with three professional references to: (Ms.) Ryan Gilliam, email@example.com, with “Operations Manager” in the Subject line. No phone calls or faxes, please.