DEPUTY DIRECTOR (posted 5/31/2017)
Deputy Director, Fourth Arts Block – Job Description
Mission: To strengthen the cultural vitality of the Lower East Side.
Fourth Arts Block (FAB) is a nonprofit organization which supports local cultural organizations through advocacy, capacity building, resource sharing and collective organizing; sustains cultural vitality through innovative community partnerships, public and participatory programs; amplifies local culture through a range of visibility initiatives. FABnyc is governed by a Board of Directors and has a staff of five. Funding comes from a diverse mix of government grants, private foundations, and earned income. The annual budget ranges from $300,000-$350,000.
The Deputy Director (DD) reports directly to the Executive Director, and takes a leadership role in fundraising, contracting, financial administration and managing operations.
- Lead grantwriting and development
- Manage relationship with ArtsPool, which provides accounting, payroll, benefits, and regulatory compliance services
- Draft and manage contracts and agreements for partnerships and projects
- Manage ‘Dance Block’, a multi-site subsidized rehearsal program
- Plan and execute annual Benefit event
- Supervise administrative assistants
- Manage day-to-day operations of organization
- Work closely with Executive Director on program implementation, community presentations, general communications
The candidate must possess the following attributes and abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonprofit or arts management, including experience in fundraising, general management, and staff supervision;
- Leadership skills, problem solving skills, independent judgment;
- Ability to innovate, adhere to close deadlines, work under pressure, multi-task and pay attention to detail;
- Ability to fundraise and to build effective relationships;
- Familiarity with reading financial reports, budgets;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to work well with a diverse range of people, prioritize work assignments, delegate effectively, and function independently.
Compensation is $40,000 plus full health care benefits and paid vacation.
FABnyc has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender/ gender identity/ gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, or marital status.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume by email with three professional references to: Ryan Gilliam, email@example.com, with “Deputy Director Search” in the Subject line. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Application Deadline: June 20, 2017